What is LEED®?
The Leadership in Energy and Design (LEED) for New Construction is the U.S. Green Building Council’s benchmark for high-performance green facilities. LEED® Certification means a facility is a healthy and productive place to work and patron, is less costly to maintain and operate, and has a reduced environmental impact.
LEED® promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in five key areas: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection, and indoor environmental quality.
WHAT MAKES A BUILDING GREEN?
SUSTAINABILITY & ENERGY
- Light-colored high reflectivity roofing to increase cooling efficiency.
- Native, local, and water-efficient landscaping to reduce irrigation needs.
- Outdoor lighting that uses up to 30% less electricity.
- Roof-mounted rain garden to capture rainwater runoff for irrigation.
- Point-of-use hot water heating systems for increased energy efficiency.
- Reduced-size HVAC systems due to more efficient insulation and glass.
- “Auto-off” Motion sensor lighting in the presence of sufficient daylight.
- Solatubes™ for increased natural daylight without electric consumption.
- High-efficiency fluorescent and LED lighting throughout the building.
- HVAC systems with low or no ozone depletion potential.
- 70% of electricity purchased from Green-e Certified renewable sources.
BUILDING, MATERIALS, HEALTH & SAFETY
- 92% recycled steel that was harvested and manufactured locally.
- Recycling of construction waste on-site to minimize landfill impact.
- 35% less water usage overall than comparable non-green facilities.
- All paints, flooring, and finishes contain low or no harmful VOCs.
- High-efficiency filtration systems to reduce indoor air pollutants.
- A “Green cleaning” standard using only environmentally responsible cleaning products.
- Constant monitoring of all energy performance to ensure the building performs as designed.
- Access to public transportation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to reduce commuting costs for employees as an added benefit.
“Our main goal was to create a sustainable, healthy, and comfortable building for both customers and employees.” - BERNARD F. CURRY III CEO and OWNER
“Once we realized what a significant and positive impact we could make on the environment, we dedicated our resources and efforts toward constructing a
LEED®-registered showroom.” - BOB CARINCI COO
Proud to be LEED® Certified!